student visa

Student Visa Australia

This visa allows you to enrol as a student in an Australian institute onshore to study your diploma, bachelor, master, or PhD. The duration of this visa is dependent on your study period, if you for any reasons that you require more time to finish your course, you will need to apply for a new student visa and explain the reasons why you need more time because this subclass is not extendable. You are allowed to work for 40 hours every 2 weeks. You can include dependent applicants to your application which will allow them to accompany you during your period of stay in Australia. This visa can be applied from offshore or onshore.

You will need to prepare the followings:

Note: All documents must be in English, all non-English documents have to be NAATI translated.


Hover or Click
You will need your certificate or degree from your most recent course to qualify enroling into the course that you are aiming as the purpose of your student visa

English Proficiency

Hover or Click
Your English proficiency has to reach the minimum requirement of the course provided by the institution of your choice.

Financial Support

Hover or Click
Your financial has to show that you are able to afford living in Australia for the full period of your study, there is no minimum amount but the safe spot seems to be around AU$20,000.00. Financial can be from your own savings or support from your family member.

Confirmation of Enrolment (COE)

Hover or Click
COE should be issued by the institution of your course provider. This will act as the confirmation that you will be studying in that institution.

Health Insurance

Hover or Click
You will need a suitable health insurance for this visa subclass. The applicant must purchase an OSHC with a health insurance providers in Australia.

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)

Hover or Click
GTE will proof your intention of being a student in Australia, if the case officer deems your GTE as not genuine due to your past experience and background, your visa has a low chance of success.

Personal Information Documents

Hover or Click
Documents that contains your personal information such as your passport, national ID, birth certificate, citizenship documents, etc…

Health Check

Hover or Click
You will need to wait for the department to issue a HAP ID for you to arrange a session for your health checkup.

After subclass 500

The completion of your course will allow you to transition to subclass 485 which is a temporary graduate visa that allows you to stay in Australia for 2 – 4 years with no work limitation.
More Info on Subclass 485

Transition to Permanent Resident

Due to the work limitation of the student visa, you might not be able to do much with your permanent resident application outside of planning and getting better English proficiency. If you would want to start planning your permanent resident application, feel free to learn more from our additional resources below:
Early Planning For Permanent Resident
Permanent Resident Road Map
Skilled Migration Points Test
Book Consultation