485 visa

Visa Subclass 485 – Temporary Graduate Visa

If you have a Bachelor or above degree, this subclass allows you to stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years after you have completed your degree. With this visa, you are allowed to work with no limitation and/or study for the duration of this visa. You will be granted multiple entries for this visa. This visa can only be applied onshore. If you have a Diploma or below degree, this subclass allows you to stay in Australia for up to 18 months and you will need a skills assessment related to your qualification. Other than the duration, there is no difference with the higher qualification applicant of this subclass.
Note: You can only hold a 485 visa only once for your entire life. You cannot get a 485 visa even if you hold another student visa after your 485 visa is over.
You will need to do a police check and have done an English test before the submission of your 485 otherwise, your application will be refused.

Subclass 485 Visa Checklist:

Note: All documents must be in English, all non-English documents have to be NAATI translated.

Personal Identity documents

Hover or Click
You will need to prepare your personal identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, national ID, birth certificate, etc…

Course Related Documents

Hover or Click
These are the documents that highlight your the course duration which shows the start and end date of your study (academic transcript, course completion letter, certificate/degree) provided by your institution.

English Proficency

Hover or Click
You will need at least a competent level of English proficicency shown on your English test score report (IELTS 6 each components / PTE 50 each components). If you would like to proceed to permanent resident, you should consider getting higher than competent to add more points toward your EOI.

Health Insurance

Hover or Click
Your overseas student health cover (OSHC) is not design for subclass 485 and therefore it will not work with your visa 485 application, you will need to purchase an overseas visitor health cover (OVHC) from an Australian health insurance provider. You will be able to get a refund for your OSHC if your insurance is still active after you have upgraded to OVHC.

Police Check

Hover or Click
You will need to request an AFP police check to confirm that you have not involve in an ilegal in Australia so far, you will also need the police check from your country of origin.

Form 80 (Optional)

Hover or Click
Form 80 is not mandatory for visa 485 application but doing so will give the department more information about you which can help with future visa application. The department might request a form 80 which will make it mandatory to submit the form.

Health Check

Hover or Click
You will need to do a health check if the department request you to do so. You need the HAP ID to able to book a session for the checkup.

Skills Assessment

Hover or Click
You will need a skills assessment if you are only holding a Diploma or lower qualification.