188D – Premium Investor streamThis is a temporary resident visa that allows you to stay in Australia for 4 years and 3 months by investing AU$15 Million in Australian investment and you will be able to transition to a permanent resident application (subclass 888). This visa can be applied either from outside or inside of Australia. Since this is a temporary resident visa, you will need to buy health insurance with an Australian health insurance provider. You must be nominated by Austrade. You have to make an investment of AU%15 million in:
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- Austraian government or semi-government bonds or notes
- Corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed entity (or a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian listed entity), investment-grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies that operate qualifying businesses (providing goods or services to the public with a profit-making intention, and not passive or speculative in nature)
- Real property in Australia excluding residential property
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- State or territory government approved philanthropic contribution
188D Visa Checklist:Note: all documents must be in English, non-English documents must be NAATI translated.
Personal Identity documentsHover or Click
You will need to prepare your personal identity documents such as passport, birth certificate, national ID, birth certificate, etc…
Assets & Liabilities DocumentsHover or Click
You need to complete and submit form 1139A which includes the statement of assets and liabilities position. You need to provide the proof of assets value ownership and explain your investment method. You will need to a portfolio that explain the source of funds.
English Test ReportHover or Click
You need at least a functional level of English.
Form 80 + Police CheckHover or Click
You need to complete and submit a form 80 alongside a police check from every country that you have lived in for at least 12 months. If you have served in military, you need to provide your military service records.
Police CheckHover or Click
You need to submit a police check from every country that you have lived in for at least 12 months.
Form 80Hover or Click
You need to complete a form 80 and submit it to the department so that the department know better about your history, qualifications, and work experience.