Extend Your Stay in Australia?

If your visa is expiring and you would like to stay longer in Australia, you can apply for the following visa subclasses to stay longer. You should consider consulting with an agent as your case might be unique and you might be eligible for a visa subclass that you are not aware of.

Apply For Student Visa (500)

You can apply for a student visa if you are willing to pay for the tuition fee of the institution of your choosing, however, you cannot working freely as student visa will issue work limitations for the main applicant.

Apply For Visitor Visa (600)

A visitor visa allows you to stay in Australia temporarily, however, you cannot work under this visa subclass as it is not meant for the visa holders to work.

Apply For Temporary Graduate Visa (485)

If you have recently graduated from your degree, this visa will allow you to stay up to 4 years depending on your degree and if you have Hong Kong passport, you can stay for 5 years in Australia.

Apply For Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (482)

This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 4 years depending on your occupation, your employer must be willing to sponsor you for this visa and your employer must show good reasons for keeping you as a staff member.

Covid Pandemic Event Visa (408)

This visa allows you to stay in Australia if you are no longer eligible for any other visa and you can not get a flight back home due to the covid restrictions or if you are working in critical sectors. You have 28 days window of the visa expiry date to apply for this visa.